While working with Selenium WebDriver, you can manage the browser based pop-up by using selenium Webdriver, but you cannot handle the window based popups like while uploading / downloading files.
One can automate the execution of windows executable programs(application/software) using AutoIT scripting language. We can drag the pointer to know the name of the window, and accordingly program what to do with that windows application. If you want to automate the flow of execution by making it perform series of actions on the foremost activated window, then AutoIT is the one for you. It can be made to open an application and make it wait for some time for it to load on its own by giving sleep time and entering the sequence of steps to take after successfully loaded.
For Example, if you want to save a word document automatically you can start from opening the word to giving document a name and saving in a specific destination folder. All these can be done automatically using AutoIT scripting language. Also, one can create the executable file for the script they have written and make it run all the sequences you have written in the file just by double clicking on it in windows OS.
What is AutoIT & Its Features:
- AutoIT v3 is an open source BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
- It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation.
- Scripts can be compiled into standalone executable.
- Detailed help file and large community-based support forums.
- It is one of the useful tool for engineers to provide test automation services
Let us talk how can we use AutoIT along with selenium WebDriver.
Refer below articles –
How to Download file in selenium using AutoIT?